The technology of closed-circuit television (CCTV) is rapidly becoming more accessible to businesses in all industries. With CCTV software, managers can save money and time by streamlining the process of managing their surveillance equipment. CCTV software allows for collaboration between users so that important decisions can be made quickly and efficiently.
What is CCTV?
CCTV means “closed-circuit television” and is commonly known as a video surveillance technology. “Closed-circuit” means broadcasts are limited (closed) to a selected group of monitors, unlike “regular” TV, which can be received and viewed by whoever sets up a reception device.
What is CCTV Software?
CCTV software (often described as video analytics) enables the extraction of information from video sources. It can include features such as camera location tracking and retrieval for specific events, cameras moving to an event based on detection of sound or other detected activity, and analysis tasks that extract specific attributes from live and recorded videos. CCTV software is a component of or an added application on top of CCTV systems.
What are CCTV Systems?
Video monitoring (or closed-circuit television (CCTV)) is a security monitoring system that is used to watch over premises. These video surveillance systems are comprised of video cameras, video recorders, TV/computer monitors, software, and various other components. The purpose of these systems is to capture live events, archive footage, and actively monitor various aspects of a property.
Types of CCTV Software
There are numerous CCTV software options within the security marketplace today. CCTV software is offered by CCTV application, camera and/or hardware companies. There are, however main categories of CCTV software include:
- Video Analytics
- Video Management System (VMS)
- Video Recording & Streaming
- Video Optimization
- Data Visualization
- Remote Monitoring
Advantages of Using CCTV Software
Each type of software will have its own set of benefits that will positively impact a CCTV system. However, some of the general benefits of using CCTV software are:
- Creating a customized CCTV system to suit your requirements
- Add value to existing CCTV systems
- Increase the life expectancy of your current CCTV infrastructure
- Improve the performance of your current CCTV system
- Increase security efficiency and management
Improving your video surveillance systems with CCTV software provides a range of security and social benefits that include:
- Reduction of loss, theft, and vandalism
- Improved accessibility and storage
- Remote surveillance and monitoring
- Scalability and Greater ROI
- Save Time and Money with Intelligent Video Analytics
- Extending security capacity and Capability
- Reduced stress and increased safety