Ranging buried cable intrusion detection sensor
OmniTrax is a covert outdoor perimeter intrusion detection sensor. Buried sensor cables generate an invisible detection field that the system monitors to detect and locate intrusions. Being invisible, OmniTrax offers the lowest vulnerability to defeat of any outdoor perimeter intrusion detection sensor while ensuring site aesthetics are maintained.
Features and benefits
- Covertly detect and locate perimeter intrusions over a distance of up to 800 m (1/2 mi) per processor
- Pinpoint intrusions to within +/- 1 m (3.3 ft)
- Completely covert — site aesthetics left unchanged
- Operation not affected by vegetation (including grass, shrubs and trees)
- Insensitive to wind, rain, snow, hail, fog, sandstorms, seismic vibration, acoustics, magnetic effects, and blowing debris
- Flexible, software-based zoning
- Communication path redundancy ensures continued perimeter protection in the event of a cable cut
- Power and data over sensor cables simplifies infrastructure requirements
How it works
OmniTrax uses ported (“leaky”) coaxial sensor cables to create an invisible electromagnetic detection field. Apertures within the cables enable energy from the transmit cable to be detected by the corresponding parallel receive cable. A patented coded pulse signal algorithm determine the exact intrusion location, including those occurring simultaneously.
Contact us today to speak with a Senstar representative about your security needs.