Benefits of Upgrading to Senstar Symphony 7
Having managed mission-critical video surveillance networks around the world, Senstar Symphony™ has proven its value. However, as IT software enters obsolescence and cybersecurity becomes an increasing concern, it’s time to upgrade. Senstar Symphony 7 offers compelling reasons to upgrade and Senstar (formerly Aimetis) can help ensure the process remains smooth and cost-effective.
Senstar Symphony 6 is no longer supported and additional licenses cannot be purchased. In addition, Microsoft has ended all support for Windows® 7, making these systems a cybersecurity risk.
Obsolescent systems are vulnerable to malware, viruses, and cyberattacks. Upgrading to Senstar Symphony 7, along with a newer, actively maintained operating system provides organizations with the security, confidence, and technical backing required for video surveillance applications.
Use the Latest Cameras
Senstar Symphony 7 works with cameras from all major manufacturers and supports the latest industry standards, including ONVIF Profiles S and G. This means your organization can upgrade to manufacturer-supported cameras, including (but not limited to) current models from ACTi, Axis, Bosch, Canon, Dahua, Eneo, FLIR, Hanwha, Hikvision, Honeywell, Pelco, Sony, and Vivotek.
New Integration Opportunities
Senstar Symphony 7 enables organizations to streamline operations by integrating video with other security functions, including perimeter intrusion detection, alarm panels, and electronic access control from Advantech, Axis, Bosch, Gallagher, Johnson Controls, S2 Security, Siemens, and Senstar.
The Senstar Symphony client includes a new Alarm Console window that summarizes alarms from these integrated systems and links them to specific cameras and maps, while enhanced map capabilities can provide additional situational awareness.
To keep your data and systems safe, Senstar Symphony 7 is designed and maintained with cybersecurity in mind:
- Runs on supported, regularly patched Microsoft operating systems, including Windows 10, Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Updated with latest Microsoft patches and fixes, including .NET libraries
- Penetration testing performed by third-party (results available upon request)
- Inter-component communications encrypted to industry standards (TLS 1.2 in Symphony 7.3 and later)
- Certified by DGUV UVV nsurance funds (Germany) and the Center for the Protection of National
- Infrastructure (CPNI) (UK)
Senstar Symphony 7 includes new privacy features that assist organizations in meeting current and future privacy regulations:
- Dynamic and static video scrambling
- Granular permissions for user management, roles and scheduling, and device control
- Security profiles
- User activity logging
- Password-protected video export with dynamic masking option
- Per-camera data retention rules
Senstar Safe Spaces
New Senstar Safe Spaces™ video analytics can help your organization adapt to COVID-19 public health regulations:
- Face mask detection
- Occupancy detection (multi-camera support)
- Physical distancing
- Support for Senstar Edge Platform hardware
Increase Operator Productivity
The Windows client offers a wealth of features designed to optimize operator productivity:
- On-screen controls, visual tracking links and event summaries
- Improved alarm handing, including a new Alarm Console with map and multi-camera linking
- Intuitive video wall controls
- GIS map support
- Secure cloud-based video export to assist with incident investigation
- Highly granular user permissions and roles to meet increasingly stringent regulatory, privacy and security requirements
The licensing system in Senstar Symphony 7 is simpler and more flexible, enabling organizations to fully utilize their licenses and make future expansion easier:
- Per-camera software licenses (e.g. 1 license per camera IP address)
- Separate licenses used for video management and video analytic software
- Moveable video analytic licenses (can be reassigned to other cameras)
- Only pay for what you use (purchase additional licenses in the future as required)
Keep Existing Cameras and Video
Senstar Symphony 7 will work with your existing cameras while the upgrade process is designed to keep your existing video footage along with its metadata. All previously recorded video will remain playable.
If you are running Symphony 6, contact Senstar for information on how your organization can benefit from Symphony 7 as well as to discuss upgrade options.
Download PDF version of this information.