Improve Situational Awareness with Better Alarm Management
A modular system, Senstar Symphony® provides a comprehensive feature set, including video management, access control, video analytics, data intelligence, and security management. In this article, we look at Senstar Symphony’s security management features, and see how its multi-stage alarm flow enables security personnel to rapidly assess and respond to security threats while maintaining situational awareness.
First-Class Sensor Management
Support for Senstar’s perimeter intrusion detection sensors, as well as third-party devices, is built into Senstar Symphony. Sensor status is shown on maps (images, AutoCAD, or GIS) as well as in a unified device tree. Senstar Symphony graphically shows zone alarms as well the specific intrusion location for ranging sensors like FlexZone or FiberPatrol.
Trigger Rules and Action Sets
When an alarm is generated, the alarm is linked to specific cameras and/or maps and security operators are notified. In addition to the on-screen notifications (map, linked camera, and alarm messages), the alarm can be used as a trigger in Senstar Symphony’s rule engine to invoke customizable actions, including:
- Automated camera callup and PTZ control
- Activating deterrence devices, including security lighting and audio devices
- Sending emails and SMS messages
- Invoking third-party software and systems
Automating response processes reduces the operator task load, ensuring that key, necessary actions occur immediately.
Security incidents occur rapidly, making it crucial that security operators have the information they need to assess the situation quickly, without fumbling around with complex user interfaces. Senstar Symphony provides one-click, customizable on-screen controls in each camera panel. These controls ensure operators can take necessary actions while remaining focused on the security incident:
- Visual tracking links to follow people and vehicles by jumping to adjacent cameras
- Controls for 2-way intercoms and other devices
- Auto-tracking video analytic for PTZ cameras
Respond and Close Alarms
Senstar Symphony supports two-stage alarm management, a process designed to handle alarms quickly and efficiently.
- Alarms may be acknowledged from either the main window, or from a dedicated Alarm Console, in which each alarm is linked to multiple alarms and maps, ensuring operators have the information they need to direct a response.
- Multiple alarms from individual sensors can be aggregated together, reducing operator overload during security events.
- Ignored alarms can be re-triggered, ensuring they receive attention.
Resolve Security Incident and Document
Organizations can customize the process in which an operator resets or closes an alarm, including:
- Selecting the alarm cause from a list of options (for use in future reports)
- Description of event and actions performed
- Export of video for rapid sharing with law enforcement
Better Tools for Empowered Security
By providing security personnel with an intuitive, easy-to-use video and security management interface, Senstar Symphony enables organizations to quickly and effectively assess and respond to threats, maintain situational awareness, and ensure all incidents are documented for future analysis and prevent.