Terrain-following volumetric sensor
Xfield creates an electrostatic field around a set of 4 or 8 parallel field and sense wires. If an intruder breaches the field, an alarm is generated. XField can be used in free-standing, fence-mounted, roof and wall applications.
Features and benefits
- Tall, narrow, well-contained detection zone
- Maximum detection zone height of 6.1 m (20 ft) for free-standing or wall installations
- Maximum detection zone height of 7.3 m (24 ft) for fence installations
- Enhanced DSP processing algorithms filter out environmental stimuli
- Meets the requirements of test criteria of the USNRC Regulatory Guide 5.44
- Immune to 50 and 60 Hz power grid interference
- Local or remote configuration and diagnostics
How it works
Digital Signal Processing (DSP) analyzes the capacitance of each sense wire independently and uses the amplitude of change (size of the intruder), rate of change (movement of the intruder) and the time the target spends in the detection fields to qualify the alarm.
Each XField signal processor provides two zones of detection, A and B. Each of the zones can be configured with either 4 wires (two field wire and two sense wires) or 5 wires (three field wires and two sensor wires). To increase the height of the detection zone, the A and B zones can be stacked.
Contact us today to speak with a Senstar representative about your security needs.