Fiber optic TPI detection system for buried pipelines
FiberPatrol-PL is an advanced third-party interference (TPI) detection system specifically designed to protect the integrity of buried pipelines. The system detects a wide variety of TPI types including machine or manual digging, heavy machinery operating nearby, and even people walking in the vicinity of the pipeline.
Features and benefits
- Detects and locates TPI over a distance of up to 72 km (45 mi) per sensor unit
- Pinpoints interference locations with a ±10 m (±33 ft) accuracy
- Sensor cable continues to operate up to the point of a cut – 100% cut immunity when in redundant configuration
- Software-configurable detection zones
- EMI and lightning immune
- No electronics, outdoor power, communication infrastructure or grounding points required in the field
- Alarms reported by zone number, cable distance and/or GPS coordinates
- Accurately locates multiple simultaneous interference events
- Multiple options for integration with SMS, VMS and PSIM platforms
How it works
The FiberPatrol-PL system uses fiber optic cable buried along the pipeline to detect and locate ground vibrations and acoustic signatures associated with TPI activity. The system’s advanced detection algoritms optimize the detection of TPI activity while rejecting nuisance alarms. It can also reject vibrations caused by traffic on roads and railways running parallel or perpendicular to the pipeline.
Contact us today to speak with a Senstar representative about your security needs.