FiberPatrol FP6100X fiber optic sensor for buried intrusion detection applications
Using a buried fiber optic cable and a centrally-located sensor unit, FiberPatrol’s advanced technology provides long distance covert detection of intruders, vehicles, and tunneling.
Features and benefits
- Detects a wide range of intrusion types for up to 80 km (49.7 mi) with an accuracy of ±10 m (±33 ft)
- Accurately locates multiple simultaneous intrusion events
- Sensor cable continues to operate up to the point of a cut
- No electronics, outdoor power, communication infrastructure, or grounding points required in the field
- EMI and lightning immune
- Software-configurable detection zones
- Multiple options for integration with SMS, VMS and PSIM platforms
- Alarms reported by zone number, cable distance and/or GPS coordinates
How it works
FiberPatrol works by transmitting pulses of laser light into a single-mode optical fiber and accurately measuring the minute light reflections that occur along its length. A disturbance of the fiber caused by ground vibrations changes the amount of light returned from that point.
Contact us today to speak with a Senstar representative about your security needs.