DEADLINE – Friday, January 29
Submit resume to [email protected]
About the Company:
Senstar, the trusted innovator safeguarding people, places and property, has been manufacturing, selling and supporting the world’s largest portfolio of perimeter intrusion detection sensor technologies for more than 30 years. Senstar is also a leading provider of life safety / emergency call solutions to ensure the well-being of security personnel, as well as of a new line of solutions that protect security networks against cyber threats. Complementing Senstar’s products are Integrated Security Solutions in which the company’s experts provide consultation, design, integration, project management, installation, and support and maintenance of security projects of all sizes. Senstar works with a wide range of third party products from sensors to alarm monitoring and control systems to CCTV solutions and access control, to provide complete turnkey solutions. Senstar’s products and solutions can be found around the world in more than 80 countries, in tens of thousands of sites including borders, ports, military and government, correctional facilities and other critical sites.
PURPOSE & REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under supervision of the Head of Canadian Systems and Sales, the Project Manager will be responsible for all phases of security systems integration projects from design, estimating and tendering through to project completion. The successful applicant will have the desire to travel to participate in bidder’s conferences and assist project resources in the field.
- Manages day-to-day client communication. Develops lasting relationships with client personnel. Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Interfaces with Engineering on custom product/software requirements.
- Attends bid conferences and site surveys and prepares site specific design details.
- Writes system design and product sections of proposals.
- Co-ordinates the Statement of Work, Bill of Material, and Subcontractor estimates.
- Liaises with the appropriate internal resources to co-ordinate milestone billing activity.
- Prepares installation drawings, markup/sketches and co-ordinates support services.
- Responsible for design report co-ordination from preliminary design to preparation and submittal.
- Co-ordinates in-house testing, including document preparation, customer invitations and test procedures.
- Prepares site work, including establishing contact with site personnel, obtaining clearances, and preparing work plans and scheduling.
- Co-ordinates subcontractors, scheduling, preparing purchase orders and obtains Statement of Work agreement.
- Supports material shipment, including test equipment.
- Co-ordinates on-site activities, including travel plans and authorizations, supervising or completing installation as required as well as system testing/commissioning.
- Obtains site acceptance, from preparation of ATP document, pre-ATP testing, scheduling of ATP exercise to deficiency rectification activities.
- Co-ordinates maintenance training, including training plan preparation, scheduling of customers and instructors.
- Prepares site specific documentation, including as-built drawings, markups, rework co-ordination, submittals, and site specific maintenance manuals.
- Manages project budget and minimizes company’s exposure to risk on projects.
- Identifies business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to specific projects.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Works with Canadian Sales as needed to support quotation and proposal preparation including design, cost estimation and technical description.
QUALIFICATIONS & SPECIFICATIONS
- Well-organized with a keen eye for detail, excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong desire to provide high levels customer satisfaction
- Recognized engineering/technical degree or diploma or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of five years of previous project management experience with a positive financial track record.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification desirable.
- Minimum of three years experience in a system design/integration role.
- Familiarity with the following applications: Microsoft Word, Excel and Project, as well as computerized drawing tools, such as AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of security related products and systems or detailed experience within at least one of the following areas would be a definite asset: indoor or outdoor security, CCTV, door control, access control, cable television, audio, computer networking or fire alarm systems.
- General contracting or electrical trade experience is an asset.
- Willingness to travel and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements. Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Bilingualism (English and French, both written and oral) is mandatory.
- Must be able to qualify for and maintain Secret Level II clearance for this position.
Overtime Eligibility: Not eligible for overtime.
Contact us today to speak with a Senstar representative about your security needs.