DEADLINE – Friday, April 22
Submit resume to [email protected]
Senstar, the trusted innovator safeguarding people, places and property, has been manufacturing, selling and supporting the world’s largest portfolio of perimeter intrusion detection sensor technologies for more than 30 years. Senstar is also a leading provider of life safety / emergency call solutions to ensure the well-being of security personnel, as well as of a new line of solutions that protect security networks against cyber threats. Senstar’s products and solutions can be found around the world in more than 80 countries, in tens of thousands of sites including borders, ports, military and government, correctional facilities and other critical sites.
Responsibility Overview: The General Accountant will have dual responsibilities of various accounting duties within our Finance Department and payroll for our multinational organization.
Reports To: Finance Controller.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable collection and posting of cash receipts
- Fixed Asset Administration, posting of monthly Depreciation
- Assists Finance department with:
- Project Cost Accounting
- Financial Statement analysis
- Employee Expense report review and upload into ADP & ERP System.
- Various GL reconciliations
- Other tasks, as required, within the Finance department
- Responsible for full cycle, bi-weekly, Payroll function for our Canadian and US offices, as well as remote staff in Australia, Singapore and Malaysia
- Serve as the employee relations contact for employee payroll enquiries
- Manage all benefit status changes through payroll
- Report Worker’s Compensation earnings for Canadian provinces, US and International offices
- Ensure company is in compliance with all Canadian federal and provincial agencies; and US federal and state governmental agencies
- Ensure that payroll procedures are compliant with SOX and ISO documentation
- Backup to the maintenance and updating of electronic timesheet program user profiles, and run reports required to determine payroll adjustments
- Post-secondary education in Commerce, Business or other relevant program and/or experience
- Experience performing accounting functions such as A/R, A/P, and/or Cost accounting
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Payroll Administration
- PCP designation an asset
- Strong working knowledge of payroll legislation, processes and procedures
- Experience with ADP COS/CDN, [email protected] and ADP Run US preferred
- Experience with international payroll in US, Australia, Singapore and/or Malaysia is an asset
- Strong computer knowledge including experience with Microsoft Office products, especially MS Excel
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal/written)
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Must maintain utmost level of confidentiality due to the sensitivity of the work in this department
- Shows compatibility with Senstar values of Respect, Responsiveness, Integrity, Innovation and Collaboration
- Must be able to qualify for and maintain Secret Level II clearance for this position
Location: This position is based in the Company’s corporate headquarters in Ottawa, Canada.
Contact us today to speak with a Senstar representative about your security needs.