Customs and Logistics Specialist
Send us your résumé via email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE – April 22
Senstar, the trusted innovator safeguarding people, places and property, has been manufacturing, selling and supporting the world’s largest portfolio of perimeter intrusion detection sensor technologies for more than 30 years. Senstar is also a leading provider of life safety / emergency call solutions to ensure the well-being of security personnel, as well as of a new line of solutions that protect security networks against cyber threats. Senstar’s products and solutions can be found around the world in more than 80 countries, in tens of thousands of sites including borders, ports, military and government, correctional facilities and other critical sites.
Responsibility Overview: As part of the Purchasing/Logistics/Facilities team, the Customs and Logistics Specialist is responsible for all aspects of filling and shipping orders and movement of goods to fulfill customer and import/export requirements.
Reports To: Purchasing /Logistics /Facilities Manager
- Prepare daily released shipments, including inventory picking, labeling, printing and packaging.
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of domestic and international freight movement.
- Prepare customs paperwork for importation/exportation of all shipments when needed.
- Respond to freight movement inquires and action quotation requests.
- Work closely with freight forwarders and brokers to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Monitor shipments and troubleshoot with carriers/freight forwarders on any issues.
- Action incoming calls, executing departmental procedures, quality assurance measures and other initiatives
- Communicate with Internal and External Customers delivery details.
Other Responsibilities May Include:
- Documentation preparation for international lines of credit.
- Cross-train in other areas within the department such as Shipping, Receiving, Material Control, Facilities and provide support as required.
- Negotiate with freight forwarders any damage goods claims for incoming and outgoing material.
A) Experience :
- 3-5 years of experience in shipping, customs, traffic, importing and exporting administration.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of tariffs, Canadian and US Customs regulations, NAFTA and Manufacturer Affidavits.
- Experience in preparing custom/brokers paperwork for importation/exportation into/from Canada.
- Experience using Windows, MS Work, Excel and Web browser.
- Experience with FedEx and UPS terminals is desirable.
- Degree or diploma in Business, Customer & Logistics.
- General accounting knowledge is an asset.
- Adaptable, able to integrate with a diverse group of people
- Self-motivated and strong team player
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and positive working attitude
- Safe work practices
- Resourceful and goal oriented
- Must be able to perform under stress
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Must be hands on, detail oriented and proactive
- Able to analyze and interpret complex or ambiguous information
- Excellent problem solving abilities, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong ethics and values
- Flexible hours
Location and Travel: This position is based in the Company’s corporate headquarters in Ottawa, Canada.
Contact us today to speak with a Senstar representative about your security needs.