Deadline: Friday, January 29
Submit resume to [email protected]
About the Company:
Senstar, the trusted innovator safeguarding people, places and property, has been manufacturing, selling and supporting the world’s largest portfolio of perimeter intrusion detection sensor technologies for more than 30 years. Senstar is also a leading provider of life safety/emergency call solutions to ensure the well-being of security personnel, as well as a new line of solutions that protect security networks against cyber threats. Complementing Senstar’s products are Integrated Security Solutions in which the company’s experts provide consultation, design, integration, project management, installation, and support and maintenance of security projects of all sizes. Senstar works with a wide range of third party products from sensors to alarm monitoring and control systems to CCTV solutions and access control, to provide complete turnkey solutions. Senstar’s products and solutions can be found around the world in more than 80 countries, in tens of thousands of sites including borders, ports, military and government, correctional facilities and other critical sites.
Purpose & Reporting Structure:
Under the supervision of the Production/Materials Supervisor, the Test Technician/Technologist will interface with Service, Assembly and Engineering, and perform the final functional tests and functional quality control on products; ensuring customer and engineering requirements are met.
- Understands the theory and function of all electronic components of the company’s products.
- Troubleshoots, tests, reworks and repairs a broad span of products of varying complexity.
- Documents and reports problems found.
- Generates and incorporates ECR’s/ECO’s
- Provides input to test procedures.
- Provides test and troubleshooting advice and expertise within the test area and to other departments as required.
- Provides regular feedback to their Supervisor on assigned tasks.
- Recognized Technologist’s or Technician’s diploma in electronics.
- 3-5 years of hands on experience in a test/troubleshooting environment down to component level.
- Logical and methodical troubleshooting and problem solving and analysis.
- Manufacturing, test and engineering equipment familiarity including, but not limited to, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, network analyzers, function generators, and frequency counters.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be an effective communicator and a collaborative worker.
- Teamwork and team focus is a must.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to obtain a Level II secret security clearance.
Location and Duration:
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Permanent full-time position
Contact us today to speak with a Senstar representative about your security needs.