Sales Engineer – Ottawa, Canada
Send us your résumé via email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Company:
Senstar, the trusted innovator safeguarding people, places and property, has been manufacturing, selling and supporting the world’s largest portfolio of perimeter intrusion detection sensor technologies for more than 30 years. Senstar is also a leading provider of life safety / emergency call solutions to ensure the well-being of security personnel, as well as of a new line of solutions that protect security networks against cyber threats. Complementing Senstar’s products are Integrated Security Solutions in which the company’s experts provide consultation, design, integration, project management, installation, and support and maintenance of security projects of all sizes. Senstar works with a wide range of third party products from sensors to alarm monitoring and control systems to CCTV solutions and access control, to provide complete turnkey solutions. Senstar’s products and solutions can be found around the world in more than 80 countries, in tens of thousands of sites including borders, ports, military and government, correctional facilities and other critical sites.
Provides technical guidance and expertise specifically to support the Canadian sales function. Applies product knowledge to assist in the planning, design and application of solutions to support the Senstar Canada sales personnel.
Establishes and maintains strong inter-company relationships; develops integrated security solutions that optimize capability and cost effectiveness. Actively contributes to or participates in proposal activities, client presentations, tradeshows, etc. Assists in the investigation and evaluation of third party products or applications in relation to project requirements.
Reports To: Head of Canadian Sales and Systems
- Works on complex problems where analysis of the situation or data requires an in depth evaluation of various factors
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation of criteria for obtaining results
- Works closely with the Canadian Sales Team to interpret customer requirements and to develop product and project-specific strategies
- Acts as the subject matter expert for products and solutions offered by the Canadian Sales Team
- Works in conjunction with the Canadian Sales Team to negotiate project pricing with suppliers and subcontractors
- Prepares technical proposals
- Prepares cost estimates in support of proposals
- Prepares product and project quotations
- Provides pre-sales technical assistance and product education to potential customers
- Prepares and provides training to customers on an as-needed basis
- Acts as Project Manager for assigned projects, including design and consulting projects
- Reports weekly activities
- Knowledge and skills are considered mature or advanced. Generally requires a technical/engineering University degree, 5 years relevant experience, or equivalent.
- In depth knowledge of security products and integrated security systems including PSIMs, CCTV, video storage, video management systems, and access control. Formal training and certifications on these technologies would be a strong asset.
- Experience in preparing technical proposals in response to requests for proposal
- Ability to convey complex technical solutions both verbally and in writing
- Expertise with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work independently or within a team
- Ability to manage priorities and respond in a timely manner
- Commitment driven
- Strong time management skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Commitment to Senstar’s Values
- Must be able to qualify and maintain Secret Level II Security Clearance.
- Experience in sales or pre-sales support is highly desirable
- Fluency in French (oral and written) is highly desirable
- Expertise with Microsoft Project
- Expertise with AutoCad would be a strong asset
- Knowledge of Senstar’s products and solutions
Location and Travel
This position is based from the Company’s corporate headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. Business trips to visit prospect/customer sites and attend project meetings within Canada will amount to an approximate 25% travel commitment.
Contact us today to speak with a Senstar representative about your security needs.