Product Developer – Microwave Sensors
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
As the world’s largest developer of outdoor perimeter intrusion detection sensors, Senstar’s engineering team has a proven track record of product innovation. With a focus on revitalizing our 24 GHz microwave sensor product line, we need the help of a dedicated, methodical, and versatile engineer.
Senstar’s Ottawa location is home to the world’s largest independently operated outdoor sensor test site – a convenient latitude for real world testing in -40degC to 40degC temperatures, torrential downpours, sleet, snow and near nuclear winds. A successful candidate says “bring it on.”
Our Ideal Candidate
- A human swiss army knife – a versatile, multidisciplinary designer
- B.A.Sc Electrical/Computer Engineering or Equivalent
- 3+ Years Hands On Experience
- Has embedded C programming experience
- Experience with NXP Kinetis and TI MSP430 devices a major asset
- Has FPGA design experience (applicable to future projects)
- Has a proven track record of start-to-finish product development
- Looks forward to occasional travel and customer facing events
- Has exceptional communication skills
- Produces articulate and concise documentation
- Has a strong ability to manage time productively
- Is a team player with an awesome sense of humour
- Takes pride in creating simple solutions for complex problems
- Is able to qualify for and maintain Secret Level II clearance
Your Typical Day
- Schematic entry, PCB layout
- Coordinate a proto build with our contract manufacturer
- Bring that fancy new ARM Processor on line, write some C code for it
- Deploy your proto at the test site and kick the tires
- Collect data, crunch data, then develop a real time algorithm in C
- Oversee agency approvals at the EMC lab
- Create an ATE environment for manufacturing, probably using LabWindows/CVI
- Release drawings and firmware to manufacturing – celebrate!
About the team
The Senstar engineering team is a small, close knit group of designers with a shared goal of creating world class products. We are an optimistic and inclusive bunch – and routinely celebrate this optimism within the team and spread it amongst other departments. Reserving 10% of our time to truly ‘think outside the box’ is very important to us. Friday afternoon ‘bootlegging’ sessions have resulted in significant technological breakthroughs and have been the foundation for several new products. If you’re interested in helping us build the future of Senstar, come join our team!
Contact us today to speak with a Senstar representative about your security needs.