Import/Export Transportation Coordinator
Senstar, the trusted innovator safeguarding people, places and property, has been manufacturing, selling and supporting the world’s largest portfolio of perimeter intrusion detection sensor technologies for more than 30 years. Senstar is also a leading provider of life safety / emergency call solutions to ensure the well-being of security personnel, as well as of a new line of solutions that protect security networks against cyber threats. Senstar’s products and solutions can be found around the world in more than 80 countries, in tens of thousands of sites including borders, ports, military and government, correctional facilities and other critical sites.
As part of the Supply Chain/Facilities team, the Import/Export Transportation Coordinator is responsible for the import and export of all materials.
Supply Chain Manager
- Prepare daily released shipments, including inventory picking, labeling, printing and packaging.
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of domestic and international freight movement.
- Prepare customs paperwork for importation/exportation of all shipments when needed.
- Respond to freight movement inquires and action quotation requests.
- Work closely with freight forwarders and brokers to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Monitor shipments and troubleshoot with carriers/freight forwarders on any issues.
- Action incoming calls, executing departmental procedures, quality assurance measures and other initiatives.
- Communicate with Internal and External Customers’ delivery details.
- Negotiate with freight forwarders on any damage goods claims.
- Duty Drawback
Other Responsibilities May Include:
- Documentation preparation for international lines of credit.
- Cross-train in other areas within the department.
- 3-5 years of experience in shipping, customs, traffic, importing and exporting administration.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of tariffs, Canadian and US Customs regulations, NAFTA and Manufacturer Affidavits.
- Experience in preparing custom/brokers paperwork for importation/exportation into/from Canada.
- Experience using Windows, MS Work, Excel and Web browser.
- Degree or diploma in Business, Customer & Logistics.
- General accounting knowledge is an asset.
- Adaptable, able to integrate with a diverse group of people
- Self-motivated and strong team player
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and positive working attitude
- Safe work practices
- Resourceful and goal oriented
- Must be able to perform under stress
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Must be hands on, detail oriented and proactive
- Able to analyze and interpret complex or ambiguous information
- Excellent problem solving abilities, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong ethics and values
- Flexible hours
Must be able to obtain and maintain Secret Level II Security Clearance.
Location and Travel
This position is based in the Company’s corporate headquarters in Ottawa, Canada.
To apply, please send resume to [email protected]
Contact us today to speak with a Senstar representative about your security needs.