Canadian Sales Manager
Posted March 8, 2013
The Sales Manager, Canada Systems reports to the Company’s General Manager, and is responsible for all activities related to profitably increasing existing client revenue and growing business through new integration and turnkey projects, using a broad range of technologies, products and services.
Driving top line results and profitability, the Sales Manager is the Company’s primary sales interface for integrated security systems customers. The Sales Manager drives product and service revenue growth through managing relationships with current customers and, most importantly, hunts new customers.
Directly and with the assistance from the systems project management team:
- Drives the development of, and meets or exceeds the business plan and budget systems sales and gross margin targets
- Help secure new customers and appropriate partners, and manages and nutures these relationships to grow sales, minimize conflict and develop new revenue-generating alliances
- Provides the primary interface between systems customers and the Company in all sales-related matters (e.g. sales strategy development, implementation; proposal/quotation preperation; presentations, corporate and customer site visits, training, problem escalation, win/loss analysis, etc.), engaging other internal resources when required
- Further develops and refines the company’s sales process to drive revenues and direct sales efforts, while keeping the management team informed of qualified prospects, customers, order status and backlog
- Identifies, establishes partnerships with, and solicits quotes from hardware providers and services contractors to fulfill requirements of system project proposals and implementations
- Participates in the establishment of budgets and strategic plans relating to the company’s systems business
- Works closely with the Director of Customer Service and Systems, and the entire systems implementation team towards the group’s goals and objectives
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scans the Canadian market for project opportunities through the use of established relationships, electronic posting sites, company/government procurement web sites, etc.
- Reviews RFP and opportunity documentation to determin if company will participate
- Leads the initiative, using internal/external resources as required, to prepare comprehensive RFP responses, including: technical descriptions, pricing, site and implementation drawings, specifications, company information and any other information required by the RFPs
- Attends site visits as required
- Follows up on outstanding proposals, identifying and working to remove any obstacle that could prevent Senstar from being awarded the contract
- Upon contract award, leads the transistion of the opportunity from sales to project management
- Keeps companies CRM system up-to-date at all times with the relevant details of all companies, customers, contacts and opportunities
- Presents full range of company’s products, services and capabilities to a wide range of audiences in support of sales and business development initiatives
- Participates in industry events (trade shows, meetings, seminars) as appropriate to raise the profile of the company across Canada
- Develops and fosters relationships with Canadian architects/engineers/consultatnts, working to get Senstar products, services and capabilities included in the initial specification process
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A B.Comm, B.Eng or Technical diploma or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of successful sales experience in the security systems marketplace
- A strong track record of leading profitable sales growth through the indentification of NEW customer opportunities through an aggressive HUNTING process
- Experience in creatively planning and selling complex technical solutions, as well as the ability to quickly learn new technologies and products
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook/Excel/PowerPoint and AutoCAD applications
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the company’s security systems team
- Ability to work under harsh outdoor conditions if required.
- Ability to work independently, motivated by successfully achieving stretch goals and objectives
- English is a requirement, French is an advantage
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
- This position is based from the Company’s headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, although qualified candidates who live elsewhere in Canada will be considered. Business trips to visit prospect/cutomer sites and attend project meetings will amount to an approximate 15-25% travel commitment.
If you are talented, motivated and want to work with a dedicated team, please send us your resume via email to Human Resources at [email protected].
We thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity with Senstar, but advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly.
Contact us today to speak with a Senstar representative about your security needs.