Payroll Staff (or JR) Accountant
Senstar, the trusted innovator safeguarding people, places and property, has been manufacturing, selling and supporting the world’s largest portfolio of perimeter intrusion detection sensor technologies for more than 30 years. Senstar is also a leading provider of life safety / emergency call solutions to ensure the well-being of security personnel, as well as of a new line of solutions that protect security networks against cyber threats. Senstar’s products and solutions can be found around the world in more than 80 countries, in tens of thousands of sites including borders, ports, military and government, correctional facilities and other critical sites.
The Payroll and Accountant will have dual responsibilities of payroll and benefits administration along with a variety of accounting related tasks within our multinational organization.
This position will work closely with Human Resource and report to the Controller.
- Responsible for full cycle Payroll function for our Canadian and US offices, as well as coordinating with local payroll service providers for remote staff in Australia, Singapore and Malaysia
- Serve as the employee relations contact for employees payroll enquiries
- Manage all benefit status changes with carriers and make appropriate payroll changes; reconcile benefit carrier invoices
- Report Worker’s Compensation earnings for Canadian provinces
- Assist with compliance with all Canadian federal and provincial agencies; and US federal and state governmental agencies
- Ensure that payroll procedures are compliant with SOX and ISO documentation
- Maintain and update electronic timesheet program user profiles, and run reports required to determine payroll adjustments
- Responsible for collection of accounts receivable
- Perform account reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Processes credit applications from clients with our A/R insurance carrier (if applicable) or our internal credit approval process. Reviews and maintains A/R client credit limits.
- Posts cash receipts to ERP System (Expandable)
- Assists Finance department during busy periods such as year end, audits, budgets etc
- Personable and out-going with a willingness to learn and take responsibility is a must.
- Post-secondary education in Commerce, Business or other relevant program and/or experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Payroll Administration preferred. Experience in processing of CDN payroll required, and additional US payroll experience would be an asset.
- Experience with account reconciliations and a knack for problem-solving.
- Experience with ADP WorkForce Now (CDN) and/or ADP Run (US) preferred
- Strong computer knowledge including experience with Microsoft Office products, especially MS Excel
- Strong working knowledge of payroll legislation, processes and procedures
- Experience performing accounting functions within A/R, A/P, and/or G/L is an asset
- Experience with international payroll in Australia, Singapore and/or Malaysia is an asset
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written)in English are essential and French would be an asset.
- Must maintain utmost level of confidentiality due to the sensitivity of the work in this department
- Shows compatibility with Senstar values of Respect, Responsiveness, Integrity, Innovation and Collaboration
- Must be able to qualify for and maintain Secret Level II clearance for this position
Location and Travel
This position is based in the Company’s corporate headquarters in Ottawa, Canada.
To apply, please send resume to [email protected]
Contact us today to speak with a Senstar representative about your security needs.