Senstar, the trusted innovator safeguarding people, places and property, has been manufacturing, selling and supporting the world’s largest portfolio of perimeter intrusion detection sensor technologies for more than 30 years. Senstar is also a leading provider of life safety / emergency call solutions to ensure the well-being of security personnel, as well as of a new line of solutions that protect security networks against cyber threats. Senstar’s products and solutions can be found around the world in more than 80 countries, in tens of thousands of sites including borders, ports, military and government, correctional facilities and other critical sites.
Controller manages the activities of the Finance Department for our Canadian and US operations.
VP of Finance
- Preparation of Individual Company Financial Statements and Consolidation of Financial the Senstar Group Statements for Parent Company
- Manage Year End Audit, Internal SOX Audit & Government Audits
- Active Involvement in Budget preparation and subsequent Forecasting throughout the year
- Drive and execute improvements to financial reporting and budgeting processes through the use technology.
- Prepare Internal Reports required by Management Team
- Management of Accounting and Payroll Staff
- Credit Management
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Letters of Credit
- Monthly bank reporting
- Works with HR/Payroll to ensure proper reporting
- CPA/CA Preferred
- Previous experience in a Controller or Assistant Controller role
- Experience working in a publically traded/US GAAP company with a strong understanding of SOX
- Experience managing an accounting department with strong leadership skills
- Experience with US taxation and reporting an asset
- Well organized, and detail oriented with the ability to meet multiple, tight deadlines under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Outgoing and energetic with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Expandable or other MRP software
- Crystal report writer knowledge preferred
- Experience within a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience within a public company – SOX
- Must be able to qualify for and maintain Secret Level II clearance
Location and Travel
This position is based in the Company’s corporate headquarters in Ottawa, Canada.
To apply, please send resume to [email protected]
Contact us today to speak with a Senstar representative about your security needs.