Accountant – Ottawa, Canada
Deadline: Friday, May 1.
Send resumé to [email protected]
About the Company:
Senstar, the trusted innovator safeguarding people, places and property, has been manufacturing, selling and supporting the world’s largest portfolio of perimeter intrusion detection sensor technologies for more than 30 years. Senstar is also a leading provider of life safety / emergency call solutions to ensure the well-being of security personnel, as well as of a new line of solutions that protect security networks against cyber threats. Complementing Senstar’s products are Integrated Security Solutions in which the company’s experts provide consultation, design, integration, project management, installation, and support and maintenance of security projects of all sizes. Senstar works with a wide range of third party products from sensors to alarm monitoring and control systems to CCTV solutions and access control, to provide complete turnkey solutions. Senstar’s products and solutions can be found around the world in more than 80 countries, in tens of thousands of sites including borders, ports, military and government, correctional facilities and other critical sites.
PURPOSE & REPORTING STRUCTURE
Reporting to the Controller and interacting with staff from all departments and other offices, the Accountant assists in the preparation and analysis of monthly and quarterly financial statements, and is responsible for credit, receipting and collections.
A) Financial Statement and Report Preparation
- Assist in preparation of financial statements (monthly/quarterly) including handling of foreign currencies
- Time sheet upload to ERP system (Expandable)
- Reconcile overhead reports
- Fixed asset tracking, depreciation calculations and monthly reconciliations.
B) Credit and Collections
- Responsible for collection of accounts receivable
- Helps to maintain credit information on customers and recommend credit approvals for Customers
- Posts cash receipts to ERP System (Expandable)
C) Job Cost Accounting
- Analyze WIP Job cost variances; report on causes and corrective actions on larger variances.
- Regularly close monthly job variances.
D) Sales Tax Remittances
- Analyze, Complete and Submit the various Provincial Sales Tax Returns
- Analyze, complete and submit the various HST Returns.
- Assist in the analysis, completion and submission of various US/State Sales tax returns.
- Provide back up support to accounts payable
- Coordinate and conduct Intercompany communications with affiliates
- Assist in budget preparation
- Completes diverse, moderately complex assignments within defined policy and according to objectives.
- Assist Controller
- Fine motor hand and eye coordination
- Sitting for prolonged periods at work station
- Repetitive finger, hand, arm motions
- Standing, walking for coordination of activities
- Bending over and lifting of files and boxes
- Prolonged concentration for speed and accuracy
- Communication with team members for coordination and training
- Analysis and problem-solving
4: HEALTH AND SAFETY FACTORS
- Repetitive strain injuries
B) Preventative Measures
- Ergonomic assessment, modifications and training
5: SPECIFICATIONS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Three to five years of job related experience (Manufacturing experience preferred)
- Canadian Sales Tax Preparation and submission Experience (US/State sales tax experience preferred)
- Fixed Asset Experience.
B) Competencies Skill Level
- Organization, accuracy and attention to detail Expert
- Ability to work with minimum supervision Expert
- Prioritization and focus Expert
- Understanding of accounting concepts and processes Intermediate
- Interpersonal abilities, including negotiation and facilitation Intermediate
- Adaptability and stress management Intermediate
- Problem-solving, judgment and decision-making Intermediate
- Analysis and interpretation Intermediate
- Communication skills, verbal and written Intermediate
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite Intermediate
- Knowledge of Expandable or other MRP software Beginner
- Post-secondary education in Accounting
D) Location and Duration
- Carp, Ontario, Canada
- Permanent Full Time Position
Contact us today to speak with a Senstar representative about your security needs.